Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Just how high I can fly



Last week, Juniper figured out swinging. When we arrived at the park, she could sort of swing, but not really, and she wanted me to push her. Then something switched, and she just got it, and she could swing. You can hear her delight in her ability to go so high. (Her song, apparently, is adapted from something in the Roald Dahl book The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me. Hazel's song is a great example of the wonderful magpie creations she is up to these days.)

I had promised Juniper I would push her some after she practiced her own swinging, so after taking this video I offered to push her. After just a few pushes, she sent me away so that she could swing on her own some more. There's an exciting achievement--reaching the point where independent swinging is better than being pushed!

No comments:

Post a Comment