Thursday, December 11, 2014

Hazel's 4th Birthday


Hazel began the day with a present from Juniper.





 Henry skipped preschool and spent the morning at Leapin' Lizards with Hazel.


Chocolate ice cream sundaes--Hazel's requested birthday dessert.


Opening presents...


...a light-up morning star!

Hazel loves weapons. I'm so glad it is our second child who has an interest in weapons, warriors, and warfare. If it had been Juniper, I think I would have fretted about What It Means and worried that her interest may suggest some dark tendency toward violence or aggression. Instead, I've been able to watch other parents deal with those worries and realize what it means is that kids like powerful stuff.

Happy birthday, little warrior.


[At the risk of being overly pedantic, I was checking to see whether it's morning star or morningstar, and I learned that this particular weapon is actually a one-handed flail. The morning star is a club-like weapon with no chain.]

No comments:

Post a Comment