Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Fred and Wanda!


A few weeks ago we went to Texas to celebrate my grandparents' 65th wedding anniversary. They are quite an inspiration for the rest of us. After 65 years, their affection for one another is still obvious to anyone who spends time with them. It was a joyful celebration of love and family, with almost all of the Applegaths attending.



Juniper was pretty smitten with her cousin Aubrie.



Hazel spent a lot of time with her great-grandmother.



Oh joy! Juniper was completely entranced by my grandfather's automatic card shuffler.



Four generations of Applegath women, in front of my grandparents' house.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking this morning of Wanda and Fred. They knew my dad, Leslie Reed, and my uncle and aunt Quentin and Imogene Reed of Carbondale, Illinois. When Fred and my dad were serving in World War II they "ran into each other" in Europe at one point. About 15 years ago, I was visiting Texas City with a friend and got in touch with Wanda and Fred, and they invited me over for a visit. What a loving couple! Wanda joyfully took me by the hand, and we went upstairs to look at some family history. I was sorry to read that they both had passed away but happy to come across their smiling faces this morning on your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete