Thursday, October 18, 2012

Lego adventures



Thomas: I think we should go to Ireland.
Juniper: First, we need to go to New York because New York has some really nice dinosaurs. Then we can go to Ireland.
T: Ok. [pause] Where's New York?

Juniper and Thomas were fully immersed in a Lego dinosaur adventure when Violet arrived at our house this afternoon. Violet initially had a hard time integrating herself into their play. She got really frustrated and felt excluded when no one would tell her the rules of the game.

Violet: Why isn't anybody teaching me? I don't know the rules.
J: There aren't any rules. We just kind of made it up as we go.
V: Can I catch up?
J: You just do it. [hardly a pause] RAWWRH - this is a good dinosaur!!

Violet finally realized that there were no secret rules and went on to build an elaborate cave with flowers out front, a ruby and a trumpet on the top, a goblet that appeared to have juice but was really full of a potion that puts bad guys to sleep, a magic bow and arrow that only shoots bad guys, and numerous other features I'm sure I've forgotten.

V: This is fun playing with Legos!
J: I knew you might like it once you started.



No comments:

Post a Comment