Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Quotable Kids

[After Juniper explained that it's more fun to hang out with just Leo, or just Thomas, but not both at the same time]
Sally: Why?
Juniper: Because there's less chaos. When there's all the kids, sometimes there's just too much chaos. All three is the most chaos, and just Leo is less chaos or just Thomas is less chaos. And just me is no chaos.
S: I don't know, Juniper. You can get up to some chaos even when it's just you.
J: Yeah, but I like my chaos. And Leo likes just his chaos. And Thomas likes just his chaos. [pause] You know, there is one thing. We do all like to play superheroes.


Henry: Can I have the scissors when you're done?
Hazel: You don't have to keep asking because I'm gonna be done soon.


Juniper: Are you going to say any more bad words? Like idiot?


Hazel [spotting a convertible]: Look! It's a car with no lid!!


Violet: I'm going to spy on you!
Juniper: Then I'm going to stay close to my mom all day.
Violet: That will make it easier for me to spy on you!


Violet: I've got some lettuce because we got to pick lettuce and bring it home!
Sally: Did you also pick some lettuce Juniper?
Juniper: Yes, but I think my lettuce and Violet's got mixed up.
V: No, you just accidentally lost yours.
J: Ooo-oh, right!!!


Juniper: [petulantly] Well then I won't be happy for the rest of the day!!!
Violet: I don't think that's true?


[After Juniper passed some hand-me-down shoes on to Violet.]
Sally: You and Juniper have kind of different styles of clothes that you like to wear.
Violet: I like kind of fashion clothes.
Juniper: And I like superhero clothes!


[While trying to get Juniper to clean up the living room]
J: There's so much fun stuff to do, I just feel like I should do it now, instead of later.
[Half an hour later, the time spent reading a dinosaur book}
J: There's a lot to do when you can't concentrate, or don't want to.


Juniper: Vocabulary is a place to store the words you like.


Sally: Can you tell me about that picture you were drawing with the crayons?
Hazel: No.
S: Ms. Lonnette said that you and Henry both had something to say about your pictures, and I already heard Henry tell me about his picture. I'm very interested in your picture.
H: It's not interesting. It's boring.


Juniper: Well, then, let's play library where you read and read and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment