Saturday, May 7, 2016

Overheard in the H-D household




Sally: I'll take that under advisement. Do you know what that means?
Juniper: Yes. You'll think about it. Which is kind of grown-up for "maybe."


Hazel: Is this spooning?
Sally: Sort of.
H: What is it?
S: Cuddling?
H: Is this forking?


Hazel: On a scale of 6 to 8, I think this cheese is a 7.


Juniper [singing]: Little turd Fufu, hoppin' through the sewer, scoopin' up the microbes and boppin' 'em on the head.
Aaron [whispering]: I don't want to encourage poop talk at the table, but it's hard to stop her when she's making up songs about microbes.


Juniper: Hazel is trying to tickle my imagination.


Aaron: I like hanging out with you.
Hazel: I know.
A: Yeah, but it's still good to say sometimes.
H: I can tell by your actions.


Hazel: What tree has the best bark?
Luke: An oak sap
H: No, it's a joke. It's not an oak sack.
L: Oak sap.
H: What tree has the best bark?
[pause]
L: That one!
H: No, a Dogwood! 


Juniper: [whispering during her school's foreign language showcase event] The patriarchy is woven throughout the Spanish language.


No comments:

Post a Comment