Monday, August 30, 2010

First day of preschool

Today was Juniper's first day at the Oakhurst Cooperative Preschool.






Ready to go!




Juniper and her teacher, Ms. Joycelyn.




Some kids were sad or nervous when their parents dropped them off. Juniper ran to the play kitchen and announced that she wanted to make rice. It was hard to get her attention to say goodbye before we left.




On the other hand, she was a little sad when Aaron came to pick her up; she didn't want to leave. In order to get her out of the classroom, Aaron offered to take her out to the playground for a bit.







Her class spends 45 minutes each day on the playground. We hear that Juniper spent most of her playground time today riding on a tricycle. My public health heart is warmed by the early emphasis on injury prevention - yay, bike helmets!




Apparently, Juniper was having too much fun during school to focus on her lunch. After 15 minutes on the playground with Dad, she announced that she was hungry and proceeded to eat the remainder of her lunch. (Those who know Juniper's eating habits will not be surprised to hear that during lunchtime, she did eat her fruit.)




A: Do you want to come back on Wednesday?
J: Yeah!!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like preschool is a success!!
    ~Laura A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting these, Sally. It looks like Juniper had a wonderful day. It reminds me a lot of the place & experience Vivian had when she went to Rainbow Station pre-school in San Antonio. It was such a wonderful, warm and welcoming place. She actually cried several times when we made her come home & was always anxious to return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! What a great first day. Bodes well for a life full of learning. :) ~Deanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. My reaction recorded in full

    1. Click link
    2. OMGosh she looks so grown-up
    3. Lookit that smile!!! Oooh I could just squeeeeeze her…
    4. and the little book bag…awww (note: I’m still on the frigging 1st picture – I’m such a goober for your little darling!)
    5. I’m a big girl, sitting on the steps, waiting to go to school!
    6. Do they take their own lunches?
    7. Still smiles
    8. So cute that they have a kitchen. I’m glad.
    9. Tylor was always like that, too – forget you, Mom, I’m here. You can go now. And then didn’t want to leave. It’s different now – she runs to me yelling, “Mommmaaaaa!” and I get a huge hug. Thankfully Juniper is a secure little girl and wasn’t upset and crying. I’ve had foster kids that were hysterical like that. My own two weren’t, thankfully. It’s hard to pry off a sobbing child and try to calm them down. Be happy!! 
    10. I love the picture of her in the bike helmet!! I’m really glad she had trike training in advance, too! Hehe
    11. awwwwwww

    Jenifer

    ReplyDelete