Monday, April 25, 2011

All good things...


...must come to an end. Today was my first day back at work after a wonderful, 6-month maternity leave. I'm lucky to work in such a family-friendly office; many people would not get a positive response if they went to their supervisors and said, "I'd like to take 6 months off when I have my baby. And then I want to come back just three days a week." I'm still envious of the more generous parental leave policies of most other countries, but that's another topic entirely. Most of all, I'm grateful for my two happy, healthy girls and for my supportive partner who never hesitated in making my long maternity leave a priority for our family.

Hazel had a terrific day with Aaron. We were worried that she might have a rough time without me for the full day. Despite repeated attempts, she has never taken to a bottle. We've tried different types of bottles, different milk temperatures, different positions, even spoon feeding her. Nope, nope, nope. Today after her morning nap, she took her first bottle like she'd been doing it for months - no fuss, no problems. She ate well throughout the entire day, which was a relief for both of us. Three naps, lots of happy play time. All in all, a very good day.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the day was relatively peaceful for you too. And that's funny about bottle feeding - babies work in mysterious ways :)

    ReplyDelete